Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowcalypse: Canceling Life One Day at a Time



We have now been housebound for one full week. Yesterday the drifts on north-south roads were six feet high. Buses are halted and the metro only runs underground. No one has been to work or school for one week. People are cross-country skiing down my street and I just saw one woman on snowshoes! Since I am alone, I am not afraid of running out of food. Just glad I don't have to worry about where my dog can go to the bathroom.

Each day I have cancelled the program for the next day. Until Tuesday when I just went ahead and cancelled the rest of the week. The radio says that Baltimore has had 72 inches of snow this year and Philadelphia 60. They say Washington 54 inches but it must of been more than that since they had a deep snow here in December when I was away. I am so curious to see how long it will take to melt away. There is nowhere to put it. Instead of plowing they are now loading it into dumptrucks and taking it away.

Well, I always say winter in Washington, DC is boring but that ain't true this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment